Sunday, September 27, 2009

michael jackson :This Is It :


one more for mj -- gotham chopra blog. Great MJ story GOTTA READ IT.. he's so human here!

one more for mj -- gotham chopra blog. Great MJ story GOTTA READ IT.. he's so human here!
I personally like the Chopras, although I know some of you don't. If you don't, don't read the post. But if you want a real human story about MJ, from someone who was clearly a real friend, then have a look. You'll enjoy it!


Replies for this Forum Topic


Necey:I can't open it!

Re: one more for mj -- gotham chopra blog. Great MJ story GOTTA READ IT.. he's so human here!

weeks or a couple of months before he died, his father a few weeks before his death (he received a phone call about three days before MJ died, but was never able to reach him with a return call). Certainly more recently than Cory Feldman or Brooke Shields. Or several of the people who spoke at the memorial who never even MET MJ. Or even several members of his own family, although I'm not sure that's their fault. Seems MJ didn't really want to talk to most of his family for whatever reason.
In his blog post, Gotham said he's not actually a Hindi, and based on all that I've read of his other writings, he would have no problem taking part in a ceremony that wasn't of his faith. I just don't think that this situation, with MJ's family who he never knew or spent time with, was his 'scene', for lack of a better word.
I think the service last night was for the family, not for MJ. Where was Brett Ratner (we've all seen the videos of MJ and Brett having fun)? And for heaven's sake... Larry King???? Certainly not a friend of MJ's. He's just interviewed all of the Jacksons.
I find the circus surrounding MJ after his death troubling, and most of that circus is attributable directly to his family. I have no doubt that, while the feed to the funeral was cut for TV, it'll either be included in the This Is It movie, or even more unfortunately, in the Jackson's reality show.
Hope I didn't offend you... you are certainly entitled to your opinion!

It's a good blog,but I have mixed feelings about the Chopras. Last night,while watching Larry King,Chopra kept using that meaningless word "closure," which just caused me to believe this young man doesn't really understand that death and burial does not bring closure to a grieving family.That death is something the family will have to live with until they die.There is no closure.
The Chopras were Michael's friends but they weren't particularly close in later years.They were not invited to the funeral. And Gotham takes every opportunity to use Michael's death to further his chances of publicity.I am just thankful that both Gotham and his father have positive things to say about Michael.
I was disappointed in some of Gotham's replies...yes he is Hindu,but surely he has taken part on interfaith services before;this is just a question of good manners to share in ceremonial activities.I've taken part in many religious ceremonies that differ from my own faith...I think Gotham was disappointed that he wasn't invited to the funeral.
I have learned to be wary of media coverage over the years---in high school,one of our English courses dealt with the and how they work.I have been very disappointed with the coverage of Michael's death;accuracy and truthfulness have taken a backseat to sensationalism,salaciousness,and bias. At least Gotham liked Michael.

Let's embrace the human Michael, human with flaws and dark side. It is what I called normal.

Thank you.
I love to read these stories about the real Michael, the one we love and always will. He's so fascinating.

mjtru... couldn't agree with you more. I really like hearing the stories about him that are 'normal', like this one from Gotham. He was a guy, and he was funny, and he had friends that had nothing to do with his iconic status.
I'd love to hear more from Brett Ratner, too. I think he was a good friend, and not part of the 'entourage' MJ forever had around him.

Thank you for sharing it.
I really like their (both father and son) insights on Michael as a human, not a music icon/entertainer.
After all he was just a human with mistakes/bad choices in his life. Some people find it is difficult to accept him for what he was. Michael truly paid an awful price for his fame. We will never know or imagine what life must had been for him. I wish he found his happiness more than ever in Heaven. I admire him so much, but never want to weigh on one side only.
Once again, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment